- heaping 1/3 c (organic) small pearl tapioca
- 2 c low fat organic milk, goat's milk or (vanilla) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Stevia, xylitol or Truvia to taste
- 1/4 c. natural shredded coconut
To serve warm:
Just before serving, pour soaked tapioca and milk into a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cook and stir just until pearls turn translucent, about 3 mins, and turn off heat. Stir in the coconut milk followed by the vanilla, choice of natural sweetener and shredded coconut. Pour into heat safe dishes and top with one tablespoon shredded coconut.
To serve cold:
Cook soaked tapioca same as above and allow to cool completely beore transferring to dessert glasses or bowls. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
1 serving made with 2% organic cow's milk or goat's milk:
167 cals/7g fat/3g pro*/17g carbs/4g sugars
*Once the pudding has cooled, 3 stiffly beaten organic egg whites may be incorporated for additional fluffiness and protein.